Monday, March 18, 2013

Wood Chevron Necklace


I know I just did a post with wood skewers and leather rope, but I have so much of it, and it's so cheap!  Anyway, I saw a really cute set of metal chevron necklaces on Project Runway.  It's a very inspiring show!  I don't have a way to cast metal, but I do have a lot of cheap wood skewers.  So there you are!


SO take your skewers, and cut them into pieces.  For every chevron section, you will need 6 even sized pieces.  You may have to adjust size a bit later.


Then, use a hot glue gun to glue them together into a chevron shape like the one below.  The easiest way to do this is by making two Vs, then connecting them.


I made two of these, but you can do any number.  In the picture below I have an extra V shape just so you can see that as an option.


Then, just use hot glue to glue a little bit of leather cording to connect the pieces you have.


Just glue on some jump-rings at the top of the necklace.  Add some chain.


And there you are!  Super trendy chevron necklace, at your service!

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment