Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Anthropology Knockoff Knockoff Necklace

On Etsy here.

I saw an Anthropologie knockoff on the Quiet Lion Art Blog and I decided to do a knockoff.  Yes, a knockoff of a knockoff.  Don't judge.  Okay, so I have a lot of these simple glass beads, and a huge tangled mess of wire.  Gaze upon the tangle.  This is what happens when you don't take care of your wire.  Be careful.


Anyway, I cut about 3 inches of the wire off, and flattened it out.  I also gave it a little bit of a curve.


I then I put a little loop on the end of the wire by folding it over, and twisting the leftover wire around.


I don't know if you can see it, but the loop is there.  Anyway, then I added the beads.  I did it asymmetrically.


I then tied up the other end by trimming the wire and bended it over, and tucking the end into the last bead.  Then I just added the chains.


It doesn't look much like the original, but it's different in a good way.

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment