Friday, February 8, 2013

Polymer Clay Flower Ring

On Etsy here.

So more polymer clay.  I had it out from the last post, and I saw a tutorial on Maria Just Do It!  for a cute polymer clay ring.  So I grabbed a purple block, and started to sculpt.


I then softened a chunk, and molded into a circle.  Then, I squished it into a flat circle.


I cut the edges off into a square, then cut each corner towards the center.


I then folded over one of the corners across it's own tab to the center.


I also pressed the center in with a little glass bead.  Then, I rolled out some more polymer clay into a long thin strip.


I then wrapped the strip around my ring finger.  It was long, so I wrapped it around more than once.  Then I toasted the clay.


I took my body sparkles (yes, I have body sparkles)  and glittered the flower.  Then, I painted the flower with my sparkly purple nail polish,


Then, I used Gorilla Glue to glue the ring part to the flower part.


It sticks really well, but takes forever to dry, so be careful.  Then, glue on a little bead.


Whoop! There it is!

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment