Friday, February 8, 2013

Faceted Bead Necklace

On Etsy here.

I saw this faceted necklace tutorial on Childerhouse I liked how it looked, and as you know I have an extensive collection of polymer clay.  So I grabbed a block of purple and got started.


First, I just softened a chunk of clay, and rolled 3 small and equal balls.



Then, I used a butter knife to press the sides and make it faceted.  I did it unevenly, because I think it looks cooler that way.


Okay, so if you've read my earlier post, you know I've had some issues with polymer clay.  Well, this time, even though I didn't burn the beads, I did forget to poke holes in them.  Okay, so just so you know, you HAVE to use a toothpick to put a hole in the beads before you bake them.  I know it seems obvious, but mistakes have been made... by me.  So be careful.


So those are my new beads.  Then, take a piece of wire, and put it through the beads.  Just tuck the wire into the beads on both ends.


Add chain to the necklace, and you are DONE!


So it's cute, and really happy.  Speaking in terms of color.

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment