Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY Polymer Clay Buttons


I keep seeing cute projects labeled "What to do with all you buttons" or "How to use up your button collection" and I started to get upset, because I felt like everyone was leaving me out of some secret club of button hoarders or something.  I have no buttons.  So I decided to remedy that problem.  First, I grabbed a block of clay.


Then, I took a chunk and moled into a sphere.  Your's can be however large you like.


Then, I used my thumb to crush the sphere until it was about 3 or 4 millimeters thick.


I rolled the circle along the table on it's side to flatten them, and then used a toothpick to put two holes in it.


I made quite a few of these, and experimented with color, shape and size.


I like them, and now I'm part of the button club!

-Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment